Monday, March 16, 2009

$2000 is the new $0

Back in my f1rst p0st one of my goals was to remove my $8.95/mo. fee TD bank charges me if my balance dips below $2000. That 8.95$/month is $107.40 a year - ridiculous! That's 5% on $2000! Having paid off all debts I am now keeping this balance at all times in order to not pay my bank a cent in fees. They already get the interest of the money in my chequing account!

Next up on the fees target is my car insurance. I currently pay it monthly instead of in advance. I'm not sure what this is costing me but ill be sure to post when I figure it out.

My sister told me that she and her husband accumulated over $300 in President's Choice points by using their PC Mastercard for all their purchases. That sounds like a great plan! Pay it off at the end of the month and earn free groceries. Awesome! For that, I think it's safe to say good-bye TD Visa!

No comments: