Saturday, July 12, 2008

Learn your money - Wesabe.com

If you haven't seen it I cannot more highly recommend signing up and diligently using wesabe.com. It allows you to upload your transaction statements from your bank, tag your transactions, and start looking at and understanding your spending. For example, I tagged all my eating out as "restaurant", and also put "good" or "pub", the latter denoting when I really didn't need to go out for food but ended up getting something greasy with a beer to wash it down. I found my "pub" monthly spending was almost half what I spent on food every month!! Extremely useful website.

I have not been able to get the automatic uploader working with firefox in either linux or osx but I think it's because my bank's online site does something funky with the login form that the wesabe script recorder cannot parse.

No comments: